Cyber Monday is upon us again.. or should I say #cybermonday. Anyway, I asked our Security Consultants to come up with some top tips to help you shop a bit more securely for your Christmas gifts and decorations. Thanks to Chris Cope and Del Brazil for this.
- (other online vendors are available) Always check for the padlock or green URL to confirm the ID of the website. If your security software is highlighting a problem then don’t ignore it;
- Use secure passwords on websites you set up accounts with;
- Pay on credit card if possible to gain on insurance;
- Use reputable websites, sites that look too good to be, true usually are;
- Be wary of being transferred to another webpage –Don’t follow links emailed to you, visit the website yourself;
- Make sure no one is looking over your shoulder capturing your card details etc;
If there are any issues then remember to complain promptly. Consumer rights cover the internet but don’t leave it too long to complain if goods aren’t what you expected.
Wishing you a secure Cyber Monday experience…
- Posted by Ellie Hurst
- On 30th November 2015
- 0 Comments