Vacancy for Cyber Security Consultant
A position has arisen for a Cyber Security Consultant to join our busy and expanding Consultancy Team. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable and working knowledge of current and legacy HMG Information Risk Management and Information Assurance guidance and standards, as well as the best practice standard ISO27001. This consultancy role will involve quantitative and qualitative information gathering, mentoring, report writing, client interfacing and some project management responsibilities. The successful candidate will also work on multiple projects at any given time and must therefore be able to demonstrate good personal as well as client time and resource management skills.
This company is an established, independent security consultancy with a proven background and unique approach to holistic security solutions. We are currently experiencing excellent growth in sales which facilitates the need to grow our existing consultancy resources. The company operates in a small, family environment where all employees are part of the team. Our customer base is both public and private sector and we operate on a nationwide basis.
This role will involve a combination of client site, office and home based consultancy. We are able to support home working and offer a flexible approach to working hours, however it is anticipated that during the first 6 months there may be a need to work from the company’s offices in Halesowen, West Midlands on a more regular basis. The successful candidate must be prepared to travel across the UK, with some overnight stays. Advent IM encourages train travel where possible. However, the candidate must hold a clean driving license and have their own transport.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of HMG Technical & Information Risk Management guidance and standards and ISO27001, be able to provide references that can corroborate that and must be capable of holding a minimum of SC clearance.
In addition the candidate must have:
- Strong communication skills;
- Be commercially aware;
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
- CCP SIRA qualification;
- Experience in a services sector, preferred but not essential;
- Experience of delivering training courses would be an advantage;
- Experience in an IT Security environment or IT in general may be an advantage including a CISSP qualification or equivalent;
- Experience of physical security reviews and assessments may be an advantage;
- Experience of working with any of the following standards might also be beneficial but not essential:
Basic Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 basic depending on qualifications and experience.
In addition we offer flexible working hours, expenses and mileage, 28 days holiday and payment into a company pension scheme after one year of continuous employment. Commission is also paid for sales directly attributable to the Consultant.
We offer a structured career path:
- Consultant to Senior Consultant within generally 2-4 years;
- Senior Consultant to Principal Consultant generally within 4-6 years;
- Principal Consultant to Managing Consultant generally with 6-8 years.
Send your CV to Debbie Raffan at Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.